Telling my Story Through Video

  Video Resume Notes:

  This weekend, I learned the basics of Video Resumes. What works when using a video resume is its ability to bring to life a persons story while demonstrating their skills and strengths. As I seen in the first link where Alex made her resume an interview, there is freedom to market and express yourself in ways that portray your creativity making it easier to appeal to your audience or potential employer more than with a written resume. It helps them learn more about the person. It is easy to write anything on paper, but with a video resume you can back it up. On the flip side, everyone is different. People have different opinions and interests, so there may be times where your video may not impact others. 

    As I began thinking about my own personal video resume, I've thought about transferring what people can learn about me on my website to my resume. I want to use my color scheme, everything you can find on my brand guide as the style. There will be clips of me talking about my story, but I want to find a way to incorporate my hobbies into expressing my skills and experience. For example, I like to read so what if I can use a clip of a books pages flipping to a page that has my skills written out on it. I also want to include my favorite type of music which is rnb or maybe a clip of me listening to music while working. I like how Dylan used screen recording of himself using the platforms we have learned to use. I will use this to show off the work I have done in my classes. I think the combination of me speaking with the colors, my hobbies, and work will help get my personality across to potential employers. I am not very experienced in video making especially when it comes to effects, but I know what kind of angles to use and how to organize a video to tell a story. I am basically going to create a story about my work experience and life accomplishments to help employers have a better understanding of what I have done to become who I am today. 

    In my video resume, I will be sure to include the following to tell my story:

  • My skills
  • My experience 
  • My accomplishments 
  • My brand guide colors
  • My hobbies (reading, music, images)
  • 3 personality words 
  • My work (graphic design, stories, and pictures)
  • Effects/Ken Burns Effect
  • Camera Angles

Comments