Website Inspiration

    In preparation to building my first website, I explored many websites and found three particular ones of interest. The three can be found on WIX.com and https://collegeinfogeek.com/personal-website-examples/. The first one that caught my eye was Cami Ferreol's website. Her website was a great example of professionalism. It also had some of my favorite colors and an interesting layout. The second one belonged to Sonja Van Dulmen. Her website was full of vibrant colors that caught my eye immediately. You immediately think individuality at first glance. The third website I found showed the strength of knowing who you are and how effective branding yourself on a website can be. Teju Cole’s website had the most information but portrayed it in the most simplest way. I like this because I don’t want to make a website that is all over the place or appear confusing. I am a beginner and I like things simple and to the point and I feel I can utilize the inspiration I found from these three websites when creating my own. 

Cami Ferreol takeaways:

  • Her typing introduction that spelled out each of her skills/characteristics
  • Beige colored background made it simple and looked almost like a notebook
  • I love neutrals
  • I like where she placed her social medias on the right side but almost centered
  • Her contact and portfolio page
  • Her logo at the top right 
  • Everything is visible as you scroll

Sonja Van Dulmen takeaways:
  • She listed her skills 1-4, I also like the font and 01
  • The vibrancy eye catching effect from just one picture
  • It flows so the audience can read through her numbered list as they scroll
  • Great addition of images, click, and shares
  • Bottom references or testimonials 

Teju Cole takeaways: 
  • His website resembles an online magazine
  • He had highlights for all his skills plus his hobbies (books, playlists, etc) 
  • It’s the most simple layout but holds the most information compared to the other two & does so in a clear and concise way 
  • The playlist idea standout to me because I’ve never seen anyone do that before and I love music and finding new playlists to share 
  • His website looks more personable like it could be his social media page 
  • Does a great job of having both professional and personal characteristics 
  • The book highlight could be a strong attribute to providing book reviews like a book club 



Comments