"Brand Yourself"

    As I took my Free Reputation Report, I originally scored a poor rating. I was a little confused by this because it told me I had a poor score, yet nothing proved to be hurting me or helping me. I scrolled down to the Google Results. My scores remained neutral with no positive nor negative results, only multiple unlabeled results. So, I had to go into the improve google results tab. On this tab, there were many search results with my name in them. Majority of them were actually me, but as you scroll down there were search results associated w public figures like Governor Gavin Newsom and Singer Amara La Negra. I went through each result answering if they were me or not and clicking on if these results were positive or negative. When we began, I thought the site did all the work in making a positive brand for us, but it turns out that it just lays down the foundation and we do the work on "cleaning up" our reputation. After I changed some results to positive, there was a drastic change in my reputation score. It went from the 200s and poor to 693 and very good. I learned from this experience that everything is in our control. Not only do we have control over or actions and what we post online, but what people can see and how to protect ourselves online, especially with platforms like BrandYourself. 






Comments